Saturday, May 26, 2012

This is what I live for!

This little guy grabbed my attention.

As "M" and his mother waited for the train, he looked in my direction and gave me a smile. His mother was beautiful. I waved and after a couple of minutes they moved from the bench beside me to join me on my bench. We introduced each other and she told "M" he could come to me, his "Abla"- or big sister. I held him in my arms- what a privilege! As I held him, I prayed that he would grow to know the Father, that he would walk in His ways and that he would be a person of influence in this nation. I believe for it.

Somehow I have this crazy kind of faith that believes that everyday we are exposing people to the Gospel with our lives. The presence of God in us is powerful.

Here's a little something that happened a few weeks ago: On Sunday we were at a mall. I walked past this little donut stand or something in the mall and for some unknown reason to me the woman behind the counter caught my attention. All I could do in the moment was pray in my head and heart for her. I prayed in the Spirit. I didn't go up to her. What does such a prayer mean? Maybe if I had the language I would have approcahed her... but in this instance, I just prayed for her as I continued walking. But it's strange how one person could make such an impression as I merely passed by her stand. I prayed that the father would reveal himsef to her, would give her dreams/ visions of himself and that her heart would be ready to encounter Him. I believe such prayers could be so powerful and that I may never see what happens... but wow, if God put such an impression on my heart to pray for her, I am trusting that he is at work in her life. what an amazing thought!

I emailed this to LaQueta, and I hope she doesn't mind if I post her answer, but it has been on my mind lately and this theme came up on Wednesday as David and I had a skype talk. Here's her response: I was interested in the lady in the mall who caught your attention. You did exactly what I would have done and even prayed the same way I would have prayed. The day is fast approaching when we can just look at people and the Spirit of God can flow out through us and into them to meet whatever need they have. In fact, I know of many testimonies where that has been the case already. It's time to begin to exercise that authority in Christ and just silently speak healing or deliverance or whatever the Lord shows us at the time. This won't cancel out evangelism or preaching or teaching. Those things are still our responsibility as well. But there are so many cases - in large crowds of people, when there is a language barrier, when we are just passing someone and only able to make eye contact - when the love of God can just flow out of us to do whatever He wants if we are open and sensitive to Him. Love never fails!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Victoria! You are learning so much and bearing so much fruit there! Can't wait to be with you again!
Love,
LaQueta