Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I'll follow You where You're leading me


Four days a week I volunteer at an English Preschool.

Although I could say a lot about the English Club, today I want to talk about one of my highlights with the kids. A while ago, I brought in a Hillsong Worship CD for kids and we sometimes dance to some of the songs and then sometimes I keep it playing in the background as they do their printing/ colouring. Our times of dancing and worshiping God together are one of my favourite moments in the day. As much as I do play the music for the kids, to let them dance, sing, celebrate and rejoice, I also do it for myself as a way to refocus and settle my sometimes impatient, tired and restless self.

So this has been on of my favourite "reflective" and "refocusing" songs on the CD. It's called
and the words are,

Of all the things I could do for You
And all the things I could say
Nothing is better Lord
Than to simply obey

The many things that I could be for You
The many things I could pray
Jesus I'll trust in You
And do what You say

CHORUS:
And I follow You
Where You're leading me
And I follow You
Where You're leading me
And I follow You
Where You're leading me
Jesus

BRIDGE:
Jesus You're watching over me
As I trust and obey

Perhaps I should have done a "song of the day" rather than a "picture of the day" for my 30 day Blog Challenge. I love this song. Of all the things I could be, of all the things I could do... nothing is better than to simply obey! Jesus I walk with You! You are leading me!


1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Thinking of you as you wind down your time there.