Sunday, May 20, 2012

Life is good

Life is good!

Recap of the day: early start * chat with Dave * back to sleep * baked banana chocolate chip muffins for a delightful breakfast * church * hung out with Jill * El Ranchero for Dinner * found her English Book -Success! * My first time taking a Dolmuş - Made our way to Kadikoy * found the Hostel "A" is going to stay at * jumped on the train and went home * Whew- now it's 10:30 and here are my pictures. Forgot to mention that I woke up with a sore throat and probably didn't help it because Jill and I talked ALL day- but it was worth it! What a good time. We were quite the team!
The Yellow van-type thing is a "Dolmuş"

I always love "Firsts."
Firsts= Memorable, Special, Daring, Magical!
"There's a place in your heart nobody's been, take me there-
things nobody knows, not even your friends, take me there.
 I wanna know everything about you! I want to go down every road you've been.
Where your hopes and dreams and wishes live... take me there.
Your first real kiss, your first true love, you were scared,
show me where you learned about life, spent your summer nights... take me there!
What made you who you are? Tell me what your story is!" -Take Me There, Rascal Flatts.
 Me in the "Dolmuş"
Like I said, I'm pretty excited about one of my friends coming to visit this week. I recommended that he stay at a local hostel, so I went there today, just to make sure it was easy to get to. Looked good. I didn't write down the directions to get there this morning, but I think I have a pretty good memory for that kind of thing. We ended up asking one person for help, but we found it! Accomplishment!

When you are in a city where you can't speak the language, you celebrate the little things you do- the small accomplishments (like finding a particular English Book, Finding the Hostel, asking for directions, ordering something, etc.) assure me that I'm doing it! We need that affirmation sometimes. We are doing it. We are living life here and learning new things everyday. God is expanding our heart, our vision, our language, our experiences, and the list goes on and on. I'm grateful for fun days like this, where you can have fun with a friend and celebrate the little milestones together. Today I'm also thinking of Adam and Erin at home- starting their life together. May your Garden Tea Party Wedding be something so sweet! I miss you, but rejoice with you from abroad on your wedding day. 

No comments: