Thursday, May 17, 2012

Guess what's coming!

I am so stoked!


The other day when our team was together we saw THIS sign up in the food court that is close to our house. It is only one train stop away, or an enjoyable 15 minute walk along the seaside to the our closest "Fast Food Outlet"- which includes McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Arbys, Tavuk Dunyasi and this awesome little ice cream store with one-scoop waffle cones for only 2 Lira ($1.20). As soon as I saw this sign I started freaking out! Everyone could see my excitement... and maybe I was a litle over dramatic for the opening of a Bubble Tea shop, but what can I say? After Grace and Tim introduced me to Bubble tea, there's no turning back.

Here's a picture of Simon and I drinking authentic bubble tea in China (Summer 2010).

I sure hope  BubTea opens before I leave. This would be a dream come true!

It's funny when our selfish and funny little WANTS are met.
I was thinking today (and over the last while) about how well God knows us. He knows our unvoiced, silent prayers. He knows our longings. He knew how much each family's small actions of invitation have meant to me. He knows how delighted I was a few weeks ago when we took the train as far as we could in the Gebze direction (because i've secretly been wanting to go to the furthest train stop possible, just for fun). He knew that I needed that day off and that I needed a little spontinaeity in my life. When life is so busy and scheduled, it's nice to have something fun, exciting and unplanned! It's nice to have these little "answered prayers." 

Come on BubTea, you have one month to open before I leave. I hope you can finish in time!
(Special shout out in this blog post to my Bubble Tea friends- Grace and Timmy).

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Hope you have a wonderful last month there and are able to finish off strong