Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sacred Place

Where is your sacred place? The place where you take some time to be with the Father?
This pictures gives a clue to the sacred place I have found here...and of all places, it is actually at the English Club! When I discovered they had a piano on the second floor that nobody really plays, I was thrilled! Since I have keys to the building, I sometimes like to arrive first in the morning, quickly set up my classroom and then make my way upstairs to the piano. This is my quiet time, this is my worship time. Although I don't have any music in front of me, I let my fingers do the moving and my heart do the singing. The more I've reflected on it, the more I've realized that I often go to the piano to pour out my heart to God. I go when I am nervous or feeling unsettled; I go when I am anxious; I go when my heart if full of praise; I go when I am in waiting; I go when I need to create a space to come before the Father. Amazing what songs I'm reminded of when I go to the piano- often old Hymns.
I was thinking about how I only started listening to my [brother's] IPOD after being here over a month. I love traveling around and delaring His praises everywhere I step foot. Those have been some of my biggest prayers. I thought It would be interesting to take a little looksie at my "most played songs" while being here. The top songs have been:

Spirit Fall- Chris Tomlin
Here for You- Chris Tomlin
One Thing Remains- Bethel
Like A Wave- Drakeford
Drawn From Grace- Drakeford
Always- Kristian Stanfill
Beautiful Jesus- Kristian Stanfill
Everyone Nees a little- Kari Jobe
Carry Your Name- Christy Nockels
and #10 are... the Charlotte Diamond songs that I sing with the kids (from her 24 Carrot Album), with the most popular being 'I am a Pizza,' 'Octopus (Slippery Fish),' and 'Listen to the Water.'

May we joyfully sing His praises where we are today!

No comments: