Monday, June 11, 2012

Pizzapalooza!


My homemade pizza from a couple of weeks ago-
One of my favourite Movie Scenese is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAqUGT9DnaU
On Friday we had another "Pizzapalooza." One of the families has made it a monthly invitation to join them on a Friday evening for a movie, pizza, games and a time of having fun together. We have come to enjoy these times of being together and are grateful that the B's have opened their home to us. We are also hoping that this will become a venue to invite neighbours or other friends for an evening of fun and spending time together. The adults have enjoyed some healthy board/ card came competitions, including "Psycho" Blitz (Dutch Blitz on Steroids) and Ticket to Ride, Euro version, where Matt holds out on building anything until the end and then destroys us! Well Friday was another Pizzapalooza night. We watched some old-school "Inspector Gadget" espisodes, celebrated both I and S's birthdays and then the team had a little goodbye presentation for me. Each family did a little presentation and I just sat and listened as they recalled our time together over the past months. They made me a beautiful book to remember them by, I got a CD of pictures and some beautiful poems. To be honest, it didn't feel like my last pizza party with them. I just felt like it was a regular pizzapalooza party and that I will be here for the next one. So I had to remind myself that that won't be the case, but not dwell on it. I'm sure we will have a "pizza party" together again sometime. Maybe it will have to be at my house in Canada next time, when they're in town for a visit. What do you guys say?