Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Market

I just love outdoor markets. Each day there are outdoor public markets in different neighbourhoods. You can find fresh produce, household items and clothing. This is a great people watching spot! Lydia and I used to have a "granny cart" so we could load up on fresh produce for a few days when we made a trip over to the "Pazaar." I like the idea of supporting these vendors and I would love it if if you actually developed relationships with certain vendors and were a patron to their stand each week. This is a real community event. I also like the fact that it is outdoors.
 I had a fun time today at 2 Monday Markets with Gerald. We tried some string cheese, bought some cherries, and two new shirts, saw the biggest tomatoes I've ever seen in my life, got to hold a baby and were embraced by the local vendors! I usually don't take pictures when I go to the Pazaar; however, today was a special day and I thought it was important to remember the Pazaar experience that I've become so found of.
We just don't have the same sort of markets at home. We have some small Farmer's Markets that I would like to fequent more when I get home and then we have Grandville Island; however, the ones here are adopted as part of the everyday life.

No comments: