Monday, July 9, 2012

Dreaming new dreams

One day
Today I found my new favourite house in Abbotsford- small, but with a nice yard, black door and white trim. Perfect for running around in the front yard or bbq-ing and hosting friends in the back yard! Love it! Today I was dreaming new dreams. I also got to go back to my "old stomping ground" and work at Intercity Cafe for the afternoon. I love kids and I enjoy teaching, but what I really love is connecting with people in whatever form that may take and often it finds itself happening in a little neighbourhood coffee shop that sells the best Chai Latte in town (if I do say so myself!). I am tickled when it's not busy and I get to go and sit with a customer and strike up a conversation. You'll soon realize that people just need someone to talk to; people face challenges of all kinds and need a safe atmosphere and listening ear. I am honoured when people share their life with me.

I devised a great plan (in my head) about how I could work at the coffee shop this coming year- "Miss Victoria, ready to satisfy your caffine craving" haha, and I thought about how I would put lots of money aside for a down payment to buy the cafe that feels like a second home to many. It felt so natural to be there today and I feel in my element when I get to listen to A, who is well into his 80s tell me about the transition to using a walker now, and then B, tell me about the difficulties of watching her son go through some personal struggles and wondering how to show him love, but let him be independent. I talked to M about the life of traveling "back and forth," but through all trusting that the Father has good plans. Through the years this little coffee shop on Clearbrook Road has been a regular stop for many and I have developed some unique relationships with people by working there. Sometimes when you're in your element things just don't seem like work- that's probably why I keep going back!

So there we have it... 2 of my *B.I.G.* dreams.

No comments: