Tuesday, July 31, 2012

cheers!

Perhaps you remember a while back when I wrote about how much I learned about the kitchen during my time living in Tky. I was surrounded by three women who were eager to teach me what they knew when it came to planning, shopping for and preparing meals. They did things like write out recipes for me, invite me to be part of helping out in the kitchen (usually me talking while they prepped) and introducing me to a whole new assortment of dinner dishes and delectable desserts. I grew to enjoy being in the kitchen during my time away and hope this enjoyment will continue at home in Canada. So I thought it fitting to try to find an APRON to take home to symbolize how my cooking/ baking skills improved in the Big City. I didn't end up finding one there that I really liked, so I asked Matt's mom, Ruth, if she would sew one for me. She is a warm woman who I got to meet during my last week there when she came to visit her kids and precious grandchildren.

Well everyone, here is the new apron- made with love!
~ Cute, Cute, Cute ~
~ I love, love the fun colours and floral print ~
I just had to make one of the team's favourites... Peanut Butter Monster Cookies! But for those who have to hide under their blankets and turn on the nightlight when they hear the word Monster... you can change the name. What do your kids call them again, Ruth? Here they are! This recipe makes a big batch, so I actually froze some cookie dough for later. These cookies are yummy yummy yummy.

Peanut Butter Monster Cookies

~ one for me, one for you! ~

Thank you for the beautiful Apron Ruth. It will just add to the whole kitchen experience and it will remind me of you and your beautiful family.

To check out more of Ruth's cute stuff on etsy, click here.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Awwwww - LOVE the apron!! It's really pretty. I bet you'll almost feel weird spilling any food on it, or getting it dirty! The kids and I went to Ruthie's the other day for a pool party, and we enjoyed some of her huge Monster Cookies - YUM!!

matt&ruth said...

Love your apron - it looks so cute on you! I am sure all of your cooking/baking endeavours will be successful if you wear it :)

Yes, we call them "butterfly cookies" because they have a lot of colors - Abbie made the decision a few years ago when the thought of 'monster' cookies just didn't fly with her... :)