Monday, July 23, 2012

come on over...


Guess what! 

I have taken over two rooms in our house. I guess I'm growing up and needing more space! Although I sometimes feel restless to get out into my own place, I am grateful that 1. I had the opportunity to do so this past year 2. my parents are so supportive to me and we have so much fun together and 3. We have the space for me to kind of feel more independent, while still living with them. I'm not sure if Brayden will be super stoked about what I've done to his room; however, such is life and I have taken over his old room. The neat thing is that when my dad finished our basement, he made my brother's room two rooms in one! So now his old room has become my sitting room and office/ prayer room. It's still in the works, but I'm excited about how it is coming together. The rooms were painted, furniture was moved in and decorating is still in the works. A few more pictures need to be hung and I'm debating about whether or not to put a TV in there. I'm strongly leaning towards not putting one in because I just like the calm sitting room feel. I'm looking forward to having friends over, drinking coffee/ tea and pouring our hearts out. To be honest, I have probably been to 10 coffee shops in Abbotsford since being home and as much as I love going out, it kind of gets old! It's really not as personal and you just end up running into half the city when you are out at one of these preferred locations. So I thought it would be nice to be able to invite people over and have a space where we could hang out together. Now I just need my own espresso machine- a Tassimo may be on my next "wish list." I was thrilled for the "christening" of the sitting room on Sunday when I invited Kendra over after church. WOHOO! We were both at the first service, but she was volunteering in the nursery during the second service, so I went home and quickly made some banana walnut muffins, cut up some strawberries, ensured we had some yogurt and got the tea selections out! Then when she came, we got our little plates of food together and headed downstairs to try out the new room. 

getting a little creative with where to put the food
the other side
happy to share this room with friends
tea time anyone? 
too bad there's a glare
Hopefully I'll be able to snap some more shots of the room in the coming days. I also have to work on the office/ prayer room part. I'm hoping to develop some of the pictures of some of my favourite kiddos (you know who you are!!) and put them up in that space. I might do a cool collage wall that is bright and colourful- with the nine amazing kids I love (ok, and maybe the adult people too!). 

Well friends, you are WELCOME to come on over! 
~ Let's spend some time together ~

No comments: