Sunday, March 2, 2008

i never told you about the eventful morning

Hello, sorry it's been a long time... I think I forgot to post my story about my "eventful morning" and tell you the story about the rest stop sign that i had posted earlier... so although it's a bit late, i will try to tell it now. you may have already heard it by this point though, but that's okay.



so it was a tuesday morning and i had an 8am class. I was on my way to school, with K, the girl that I carpool. And i started to get a bleeding nose. i didn't want to make a big deal about it though, and was sort of embarassed to say something, so i just kept sniffling and hoping that it would go away. I didn't have any tissue in my car or did I have a sweatshirt or anything else that would have provided some help for the situation. but then all of a sudden, it started gushing out... and blood was coming all over the place. we were right by the rest stop near aldergrove... so well quickly got off the freeway. I ran out of the car and started to clean up. Now, Rest stops sort of have a reputation of being sort of sketchy... so K thought it was unwise for either of us to be by ourselves... so she locked my car doors and came running to see how I was doing. The unfortunate part is that she locked my keys in my car when she did this. Out of her good intention, she forgot about my keys... so there we were! the two of us, stuck at the rest stop at 7:40 am; me with a bloody nose and neither of us with a cell phone. we were too afriad to ask one of the truckers for help though. so we tried the pay phone. called home collect but there was no answer... so we had to ask someone for help... finally we got a hold of my grandparents and they came and brought me a spare key! so i missed my first class and had an eventful morning instead. poor K felt so bad... but it was okay, sort of made a good story to tell. And the moral of the story is: keep kleenex in your car!

No comments: