Tuesday, January 15, 2013

White Flag

Ugh, blogger isn't letting me add pictures. I don't know how to fix it! Chris Tomlin's Song, "White Flag" has been ringing in my head for a while now and especially over the past two weeks. You see, at New Years when I was at the Re:Turn conference, the Spirit of God was there and together we worshipped in freedom. We joined together as a generation saying, "We raise our white flag, we surrender all to you Jesus!" And I stood there with my flag waving as a way to declare this is what I was doing. Even now, I am saying those words. I am anticipating the start of a new job in less than a week. I start teaching grade 5 on Monday January 21st at Abby Christian and this is a new endeavour for me. All I can say is "I surrender all to You." There has been much anticipation because I accepted the position back in November. That makes for 2 months of waiting for me. It has been a good couple of months, but honestly, I'm not a fan of having something that you look forward to being planned so far in advance. For me it just creates too much anticipation and I'm kind of a girl who would rather have shorter notice and just take things as they come!  I remember when I was traveling with the girls and they would always be planning our next destination. When they'd run their ideas by me, I'd say, "Sure, sounds great!" Then, I'd leave it at that. I wouldn't really research beforehand, I'd just take it all in when I got there! I think it's more fun that way. If I had researched beforehand, it would have taken away any sense of newness. So here I am in a similar situation, where I could be doing lots of research for what is to come, but that's not my style. My style is to embrace it when it comes. I admit though, that again, sometimes in this regard I compare myself to others and think, "oh no, I need to plan more. I need to do stuff now" but that freaks me out. That creates more stress inside of me. In order to minimize stress, I wait and figure it out as I need to. Now for some that is opposite to their approach. They would rather figure things out way in advance, to reduce stress. For whatever reason that just makes me restless, anxious, and more stressed out. Please pray for me as I begin teaching this awesome group of grade 5s. Pray that as a class we would transition well. Pray that I would embrace it. Pray that we would laugh together, learn together, celebrate milestones together, encourage one another and dream together. Pray that I would model for them integrity and that I would lift Jesus up.

~this freedom song is marching on. ~ your love has come. ~ your love has won. ~ all for You. ~

2 comments:

Susan said...

it will be a joy~ it will be an adventure! God will bless you, the students and us fellow workers in God's kingdom through your "next adventure!" can't wait 'til tomorrow when it all starts!!! it will be wonderful!!!

vfehr said...

Thanks for your words, Susan and thanks for checking in with me today:)