Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sometimes I find myself here



On my prayer mountain.
 
Sometimes to overlook and pray for the city.
Sometimes to find a few moments of silence and peace.
Often times to surrender and come be before the Maker of Heaven and Earth.
 
I sprained my ankle on Monday night and I found myself atop my prayer moutain this morning. Hopping over to sit at the rock, I knew God's peace and I knew his constancy. This morning I was reminded of the words in Psalm 148- read the whole thing, it's about everything praising him by simply being themselves. These words stood out this morning,
 "Let them all praise the name of the Lord. For his name is very great; his glory towers over the earth and heaven!
He has made his people strong, honoring his faithful ones" (v 13, 14).


No comments: