Tuesday, January 12, 2010

McDonalds


Just thought i'd let you know that my day is off to a good start. After helping L get ready for school today (goal is to be ready by 8, but today it took her until 8:30) I stopped by the Mt. Lehman McDonalds to have a visit with my friend D.N., a retired friend that I met while working at the Ellwood City Blends a few years back. D and his wife and I have developed a special friendship and I always enjoy their visits to the shop on Sundays. Now I know that D's new breakfast hangout is McDee's so I thought it would be nice to join him once in a while. While I was on my trip, I made a special effort to send them postcards so I could share my experience with them since they're not into computers. I feel like i'm their grand-daughter. When I came home from my trip, they had me over to their house for dessert and to share my photos with them. It's such a pleasure to have them in my life and I enjoy hearing about their younger years, hobbies and everyday occurrences. They are always interested in what's going on in my life too. I am blessed by their friendship and that the conversations we share from time to time. What a great start to my day to have breakfast with D!

No comments: