Friday, January 8, 2010

January 7th/8th

I am thankful... That God is a Faithful Father.

Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say, "It is well, It is well with my soul."

In the music class this month we are learning the songs "It is well with my soul" and "'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus." Before school started I was considering which song to pick as the new song of the month. The hymn It is well with my soul, written by Horatio Spafford came to mind, even though it is not sung that often in church anymore. I remember hearing the story of how Mr. Spafford went through great loss, yet could still manage to confidently write these words. I've been explaining to the students that no matter the circumstance we find ourselves in, God is always with us. "Be strong and courageous; do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God is with your wherever you God" (Joshua 1:9). Jesus Jesus how I trust him; how i've proved him over and over. I know that he is with me. I know that he is with my friends who are in difficult situations; he is with those who are starting new jobs and new assignments, he is with those who feel alone; he is with those who are sick and feel uncertain about what lies ahead. Thank you Lord that we are not alone and that you always stand near us.

No comments: