Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weeeeee! {k}end


I've had a fun weekend. Last night I went out to Vancouver to be with the girls. JoAnne just moved in to her new place and the four of us ladies got together one last time before Alanna leaves for Calgary in a week to start her Master's Program in OT. Alanna, I'm so proud of you. I specifically remember praying for you as you handed in that application and just waited to hear back from the universities. Although there is so much unknown at this point, I'm certain this is where you are supposed to be! I will miss having you here with me, but I pray you and Kevin will meet some incredible people in Calgary.

In honour of our time together, I decided to bake a pie! It was an incredibly hot day yesterday (high of 37*). I think it was the hottest day of the summer. It turned out to be an Apple pie with craisins. Yum! My little secret is to make pastry dough and then freeze it for an occasion where you may just want to make a pie (without doing all the work at that time!). I actually found the dough to be easier to work with after it had been in the freezer. I would do that again! The added touch to the pie was that I put our 4 initials on top of the pie. It turned out great! Next time I probably wouldn't put the milk glaze on until later because it seemed to make it darker than I would have liked it to have been. My apologies that the pictures are a little blurry- the iphone 3 that I have isn't as fancy as the newer phones... but at least you get the idea.


Today was my cousin Arianne's wedding. A big shout out to my Auntie Dianne who actually catered the wedding! What a big feat!  This morning, my mom, Nichelle, my Grandma and I prepared the fruit skewers. That was fun- so colourful... doesn't take much to make them look pretty and appetizing! The wedding was outside at Jeff's boss's house on Sumas Mountain. It was an absolutely beautiful setting. Funny thing is that Jeff and Arianne's dog, Tonka, was even in the wedding party (and pictures). Hehe. Here are a few pictures of my Bro, Nichelle, Mekayla and I.

~ I was the "bean bag toss" champion today! ~


~ growing up ~
~ I was trying to get Mekayla to look at the camera...
but it didn't happen ~




I love outside receptions! We enjoyed some fun games in between the ceremony and reception and got our fill of sweet desserts today! It sounds like Arianne has become quite the "pinterest" queen. The decorating was beautiful and I got to take home a few "cutesies." Someone recommended I get on pinterest because supposedly they have lots of great teaching ideas up there. Is that true?


Have I mentioned how much I've loved the hydrangeas this year?

Well that was my weekend- so far! We'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow will hold...
until then... Be creative and Have Fun! Today is your day!
~V

No comments: