Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hello Readers!

So I am entering the last three weeks of the trip. I'm in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia right now and tomorrow I'm heading to Medan, Indonesia.
I just had a relaxing week with my friend Denise. We were able to meet up in Cambodia and then we headed down to Phuket Thailand. We were hoping to get some good sun on the beaches; however, the rainy season is in full swing here, so our plans were somewhat altered. It rained everyday; sometimes only for ten minutes, sometimes all afternoon. I will always remember swimming in Cambodia in the pouring rain. We were able to also see my friend Judy, who is in Phuket. I hadn't seen her since my days at Rick Hansen and so it was such a privilege to get to see her. We were invited to her house for a party. It was neat to hear her speaking Thai with her friends. She is just like I remember - full of life and passion and love for those around her and she has such a generous heart.

Thought of the day: A generous heart demonstrates love; A generous heart shows interest, compassion and value. (Judy is a beautiful example of a generous heart).

God is... GENEROUS!

Thanks Denise for a great, relaxing week. It was a real adventure! Sihanoukville, 13 hour bus trip, sleeping in, your sun burn, Nachos, Transformers, overpriced tuck-tuks, party at Judys, music and dancing in the room! I'm so glad that it worked out for you to come and meet up with me. You're teaching me a lot about listening to the Spirit, asking for ongoing insight from God.

check out denise's blog for a few pics. www.travelingbeyond.blogspot.com

Have a great day!!!

No comments: