Monday, July 28, 2008

could it be? real fruit!


July 5, 2008 - God’s Way- Life of the Spirit

Galatians 5:22-23 (Msg). “What happens when we live God’s way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard- things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.”

So I have been reading from the message lately because it is very refreshing for me to see things from a new angle/point of view. It helps my perspective. So I loved what the message had to say here because these are things that I really want my life to exemplify. I thought, “wow, they’ve summed it up.” This represents authenticity. I want to be that person who is real and desires to shower love on others. Do I do this all the time? Is this always my biggest priority? No, it isn’t. But I want these sorts of things to flow out of my life and spill into the lives of those who are around me. So I didn’t even realize until after that this is Eugene Peterson’s interpretation of the fruit of the spirit. I should have known that this was the passage, “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness…” but it wasn’t until after that I made the connection. The way that the message has put it shows how I can practice and display each of these things. It makes it more concrete and tangible and it makes me want to strive to do such things.


No comments: