Friday, April 18, 2008

"You are Special"



"You are Special" - By Max Lucado





"Every day I've been hoping you'd come, "Eli explained.


"I came because I met someone who had no marks," said Punchinello.


"I know. She told me about you."


"Why don't the stickers stay on her?"


The maker spoke softly.


"Because she has decided that what I think is more important than what they think. The stickers only stick if you let them."


"What?"


"The stickers only stick if they matter to you. The more you trust my love, the less you care about their stickers."


"I'm not sure I understand."


Eli smiled. "You will, but it will take time. You've got a lot of marks.


For now, just come to see me everyday and let me remind you how much I care."



Eli lifted Punchinello off the bench and set him on the ground.


"Remember,"


Eli said as the Wemmick walked out the door,


"you are speical because I made you. And I don't make mistakes."


Punchinello didn't stop, but in his heart he thought, I think he really means it.



No comments: